Insulating Concrete Forms are Earth-Friendly
Green. It seems to be the new buzzword in the construction industry. And with good reason. The construction practices of the past are simply unsatisfactory for the world of today – and tomorrow.
It’s more important than ever that we conserve natural resources and reduce waste and pollution. There are countless reasons why we should do everything we can to protect the environment.
ICFs not only offer the owners and tenants unbeatable benefits, but they’re also environmentally responsible.
- The enormous reduction in energy use — 32% to 44%* — saves our natural resources.
- The energy savings also result in less carbon dioxide being released into the atmosphere on an ongoing basis.
- ICF blocks — especially BuildBlock ICFs — result in less construction waste.
- BuildBlock ICFs contain no HCFC, formaldehyde, asbestos, or fiberglass, and no harmful CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons) are used in their manufacture, nor is there any degree of “off-gassing.”
- BuildBlock ICFs can provide the basis for 27 LEED points, Click Here for more details.
For more information, see PCA Concrete Homes Technology Brief 12.
*Houses built with ICF exterior walls require an estimated 44% less energy to heat and 32% less energy to cool than comparable frame houses, according to the PCA. See PCA Concrete Homes Technology Brief 1 for details.